Keeping our children and students safe in an electronic world is the primary goal of The El Paso Regional Cyber Safety Cooperative. This Cooperative is the combined effort of the school districts of El Paso and Hudspeth counties, as well as the Education Service Center-Region 19. This collaboration provides tools, resources and information to parents and school personnel related to Internet safety and ethical Internet behavior for children. This website is a product of the contributions of each participating partner in the Cooperative.
El Paso Regional
Cyber Safety Cooperative
Valuable knowledge on cyber safety and how to keep our students safe online at school and home
Public Hearing - April 25, 2013
The Education Service Center-Region 19 will hold a public hearing on April 25, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. in the Paso del Norte room at 6611 Boeing Drive, El Paso, Texas, to gather public input on the acceptable use policies of the districts listed below for student use of computers and Internet connections as required by the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA): Anthony ISD, Burnham Wood Charter District, Canutillo ISD, Clint ISD, Dell City, El Paso ISD, Fabens ISD, Fort Hancock ISD, El Paso ISD, Paso del Norte Charter District, San Elizario ISD, Socorro ISD, Tornillo ISD, Ysleta ISD, and Vista del Futuro Charter School.
- CIPA - Federal Communication Commission's Children's Internet Protection Act - Consumer Facts
- CyberBullying - Real Life Stories - Stories provided by NetSmartz.org
- CyberBullying Info for Educators - Resources provided by NetSmartz.org
- CyberSmart! Curriculum - Teacher resources from Common Sense Media's education program
- Keep Kids Safe from Cyberbullies and Harassment - Video from HowToMaster.com
- Safe Surfing for Kids - Information for kids provided by 4kids.org
- Stay Safe Online - StaySafeOnline.org, a website packed with resources and backed by several major sponsors
- TEA - CyberBullying - Additional resources on cyberbullying, provided by the Texas Education Agency
- FBI-SOS - FBI (Safe Online Surfing) Internet Challenge, a free school-based Internet safety program
The Internet provides our students and children with access to resources and knowledge that will enhance their lives intellectually, educationally, and ethically. Our mission is to ensure that parents and school personnel have access to the tools and resources needed to protect our children from dangerous or inappropriate behaviors and content, as well as to educate themselves.
In the News
(Techcrunch) Happly For iPad Helps Curious Kids Discover The Web…Safely More...
(Techcrunch) Experian Acquired Child Safety Startup SafetyWeb More...
The FCC has released its Order to implement the CIPA (Children's Internet Protection Act) Amendments passed by Congress in 2008. The full Order is available here.
Google’s “Walled Garden” More…
Facebook – Face up to Security Responsibilities More…
(CNN) In a wired world, children unable to escape cyberbullying. More…