The Social Studies program provides support to districts and campuses regarding the latest scientific research-based principles for social studies instruction for grades Pre-K through high school.
The Social Studies program also works collaboratively with our regional school districts and post-secondary institutes to offer professional learning opportunities and technical assistance that employ research-based best practices to support the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS), State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR), College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) and national standards.
The program also leads a regional advisory committee in Social Studies. The advisory committee ensures local input, feedback and information provided on federal, state and ESC programs and services
Key components of the Social Studies program include professional development allowing educators to enhance their knowledge in the following areas:
- Content specific trainings in all content areas
- Social Studies K-12 TEKS Overview
- Social Studies Grade 8 Academy
- World Geography End of Course Success
- World History End of Course Success
- U.S. History end of Course Success
- Depth of Knowledge (DOK) and Social Studies
- Project Share On Track Courses