*This website will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.
For any questions or support please feel free to contact us:
Angie Haro (Director) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Oscar Carrera (Professional Development Consultant) - email@example.com
Jeff Strom (Professional Development Consultant) - firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Department of Education Resources and Information:
- New Federal Deadline Flexibility for CTE - Secretary DeVos Announces New Federal Deadline Flexibility for Career and Technical Education Leaders, Allowing Them for Focus on Serving Students During the COVID-19 Outbreak.
TEA Resources and Information:
- At-Home Curriculum and Instructional Model - Phase 2: Finalize At-Home Curriculum & Instruction Model
- CLNA Update - CLNA DELAYED SUBMISSION
- COVID-19 and Special Education - FAQ relating to Special Education
- IBC's FAQ - House Bill 3 (HB 3) Industry-Based Certification Examination Reimbursement Frequently Asked Questions
- School Finance FAQ - Updated March 25, 2020
- TEA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support and Guidance - The Texas Education Agency has created a web page to provide school districts and staff with information to provide support and guidance during this time of uncertainty and transition. This page is updated on a regular basis. Please check it periodically for new information.
- Texas CTE News Release - 4/7/2020
- TX CTE Powered by TEA - The CTE resource center is a one-stop-shop for CTE professional development, instructional materials, and program information. Many new CTE teachers come from business and industry, and need additional support and resources to be successful in the classroom.
CTAT Curriculum Resources:
- Career Prep Sample Letter to CTE Teachers
- CLNA Sample Narratives - SC5600 Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
- CTAT Google Sheets Resource Page - CTE and Instructional Technology Resources
- CTAT Presentation 3/27/2020
- CTAT Resources Page - Curriculum Resources for members use during COVID-19 closures. This site is intended to serve as a clearinghouse for resources discovered, acquired and developed by members across Texas. Members with resources to add to this clearinghouse may email links or shareable d
- CTAT Chat Live: Take-Two - YouTube video
Association for Career and Technical Education:
- Distance Learning Resources - Are you one of the many CTE teachers and faculty members around the nation facing an abrupt move to online teaching, owing to Coronavirus (COVID-19)? While your district, school or institution will have the most relevant resources to help you make this switch, ACTE is compiling a list of resources about online and distance learning that can supplement this official guidance and build your confidence in your online teaching abilities.
Perkins Collaborative Resource Network:
- PCRN Resources - Information page.
Curated ISTE & EdSurge Resources:
- Free Tech for Learning - ISTE & EdSurge are curating a list of free products offered by companies and organizations to support learning during extended school closures. Search the directory below to explore what products will best support your needs.
CTE Online Trending Resources:
- ACTE - Online Learning Network Free Resources - Association for Career & Technical Education Free Resources
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Adobe is making temporary at-home access to Creative Cloud available until May 31, 2020, for schools and colleges who currently have only lab access for students, at no additional cost.
- Amazon Future Engineer - CoderZ - Amazon Future Engineer offers free online virtual robotics & coding classes for any student or teacher affected by COVID-19 in the US.
- B.E. Publishing FREE CTE Resources - B.E. Publishing is providing teachers and their students with access to our online programs and curriculum at no charge through June 30, 2020.
- Career Planning Tools - These classroom activities will help educators lead their students in an exploration of global careers. Beginning with a career planning unit overview, this unit includes five lessons that will build students’ understanding of demographics in their own communities, the need for global competence in education and work environments, and the specifics of conducting an international job search.
- Careers in the Military - There are literally thousands of careers in the Military. Here they are categorized to help you decide the type that's right for you.
- Cengage Digital Platforms and eBooks - For U.S. colleges experiencing unplanned, mid-semester impacts due to COVID-19, Cengage is offering students free access to all our digital platforms and 14,000 ebooks through Cengage Unlimited, for the remainder of this semester.
- Certiport Exams from Home - Certiport has developed a pilot for a temporary solution, "Certiport Exams from Home," which allows for administered exams that students can take on their own devices from home.
- Certiport Free Access for 90 Days - Preparing your students for certification is a big responsibility! Certiport makes your job easier and more effective with acclaimed course materials and practice tests. We want to give you and your students an opportunity to try out our learning resources to find the best fit for you. Click the links below to request your free 90-day learning products trial!
- CISCO Networking Technology - Free online technology courses! Keep your communities learning during downtime.
- CTE Online - CTE Distance Learning Weekly Publication 4/23/2020
- Discovery Education Virtual Learning - Visit our dedicated Virtual Learning page to find ready-to-use strategies and engaging resources for educators and parents, and browse sessions from VirtCon, our recent 2-day professional learning event. Discover practical, creative, and effective ways to maximize digital resources in a virtual setting and design differentiated virtual learning experiences for students.
- Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings (Updated): Amazing Educational Resources - Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings (Updated): Amazing Educational Resources
- edX - Free Online Courses by Harvard, MIT, & More - Access 2500+ Online Courses from 140 Top Institutions. Start Today!
- EVERFI K-12 Educator Resources - With a network of 20,000+ schools, EVERFI delivers digital resources that help teachers equip students with critical skills. Thanks to hundreds of partners who share our mission, we deliver these critical skills to K-12 schools and students free of charge.
- FLINN At-Home Science - Flinn's digital solutions are in place to facilitate learning at home.
- GCF Global - Build your future. Learn and develop the skills needed to advance in work and life.
- KP Education Systems - KP Education is offering its online courses for free through the end of the year.
- Massachusetts OPEN Courseware - Free material.
- Navigate - Navigate 2020: Virtual Conference and College Fair
- NCCER Remote Proctoring - In addition to the online training options that Pearson has made available, NCCER has been working diligently on a remote proctoring option for the craft module tests (knowledge only).
- Nepris - Virtual Industry Chats - Nepris is here to help teachers and students affected by school closures. Now through April, we are opening our Live Virtual Industry Chats and Video Library to everyone to help students stay engaged.
- Office 365 Education - Students and educators at eligible institutions can sign up for Office 365 Education for free, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools. Use your valid school email address to get started today.
- Pocket Nurses - To help educators find solutions during this unprecedented change, Pocket Nurse wants to share information from our vendors and industry partners who have proposed free solutions and resources for educators during these challenging times.
- Realityworks Guides and Curriculum - In response to the outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), they are providing digital access to ALL their curriculum resources (lesson plans, PowerPoints, student worksheets, assessments) to help you prepare online lessons this semester.
- Scanning documents with IOS NOTES App - Scan documents with the IOS Notes App.
- ServSafe Free Courses and Resources - Free food safety and career development training and resources.
- Skills to Succeed Academy - To access free modules, register with ACTE Student Code 04ATgl and ACTE Staff Code 04ATgl9999 (this provides additional resources just for teachers and advisers).
- Today's Class - Agriscience, Automotive/Fleet, Barbering, Cosmetology, Health Science, Workplace Readiness curriculum. Given the COVID-19 crisis, we are offering FREE ACCESS to all program areas.
- Texas OnCourse - Texas' definitive source for college and career planning. Deciding what to do after high school and how to do it can be confusing. Texas OnCourse empowers you to make decisions that will help you, your child, or your student succeed after high school. Thousands of students, educators, and schools across Texas use Texas OnCourse resources.