Check back often for the latest information regarding the Cohort Leader.
How to become a Cohort Leader:
- Register with TEA for cohort leader screening process: https://tea.texas.gov/academics/early-childhood-education/reading-academies-cohort-leader-screener-registration
- Successfully pass three-step screening process:
- Pass initial pre-screener assessment with 80% score
- Complete 5 reading artifacts with 80% score for each artifact
- Submit reading artifacts for panel of experts to grade
- Passing the screening process is required but not sufficient to get hired as a Cohort Leader; all cohort leaders will be hired directly by an Authorized Provider or by a district that has signed an MOU with an Authorized Provider to implement locally.
Screening Window Dates:
Window Course Dates Registration Applicants Notified #1 March 9 - 31 March 9 - 31 April 15 #2 April 22 - May 4 April 15 - 29 May 18 #3 May 22 - June 8 May 19 - June 2 June 22
Online training dates for prospective cohort leaders after successful completion of screening process:
Training Dates Registration Window May 20 - 22 April 15 - May 15 June 8 - 10 April 15 - June 1 June 15 - 17 April 15 - June 10 June 29 - July 1 April 15 - June 25
All trainings for Cohort Leaders will be held online.
Check back often for the latest information regarding the Cohort Leader's role.