Region 19 provides professional development opportunities and technical assistance for districts and charter schools in the area of Assistive Technology.
Professional development opportunities include:
- District Assistive Technology Team Training in Evaluation and Implementation
- District Assistive Technology Network
Customized and open enrollment training include but not limited to:
- Accessible Instructional Materials
- Augmentative & Alternative Communication
- Computer access
- Consideration of AT in the IEP
- Device or software specific trainings
- Educational applications
- Environmental access
- Implementation of AT in the school setting
- Reading & Writing accommodations
- Transitioning for AT users
- Executive Function using Technology
- Google Chrome Extensions and Applications
- iPad and Android Apps
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
Assistive Technology and Resource Center (ATRC)
ESC-Region 19 maintains a lending library/resource center that contains Assistive Technology tools and technologies that is available to school district personnel for trial with students who have special needs and qualify for 504/Special Education services.
Items are specific to academic access, speech generating devices, switches, mounts, software, and other items which may be checked out for 6 week trials.
Various assessments, books, and other materials are maintained in the ATRC to assist school staff in helping students to make academic achievement, while various books and materials are also available for professional continued learning.
Lisa J. Ehlers McCuller, Ed.S