LACe Program Requirements/Information
Educators who are certified teachers with a Master’s Degree and a minimum of two years teaching experience interested in pursuing Texas certification as School Librarians are invited to apply to the LACe Program. Admission into LACe is a two step process.
The first step is a selection and screening process that consist of:
- Master’s Degree in any field
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Texas Teacher Certification
- Teacher Service Record with two years of successful classroom teaching
- Most recent T-TESS evaluation
OTHER SELECTION CRITERIA
- Writing Sample
- Professional recommendations
- Written accomplishment record of identified leadership skills selected from the librarian Texas standards.
The second step is a structured interview conducted by the Alternative Education Program Director. The results of the screen and assessment processes will provide a multidimensional picture of the program candidate, emphasizing not only past accomplishments, but also future potential.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE PROGRAM?
The cost of the Librarian Alternative Program is $5,500. Once accepted into LACe interns are required to select one of the approved payment plans and enroll in automatic draft. The TExES exam and certification fees are paid separately prior to completion of the LACe program and are subject to change. There is a $75 nonrefundable application fee.