R19 Student Film Festival: October 18, 2019
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Open call to submit film projects, up to 5 minutes in length, of any genre, using mental health as the point of interest. Film topics may either be interpretive of mental health, or address it directly. We will consider all genres and types of short films, including submissions utilizing original footage, photo stills, original music, essays, screenplays, original art work and more.
Original films must be produced by students currently enrolled in any school district or open-enrollment charter school in Region 19. Qualifying films should have been produced within a year preceding the festival (to be held on Oct. 18, 2019). All entries must be in English and/or have English subtitles and should meet at least one or more of the following criteria:
- Provides an inspiring voice for social justice and human rights for people with mental illness.
- Highlights positive contributions made by individuals dealing with mental health issues.
- Fights stigma and defies stereotypes associated with mental illness.
- Shares real-life stories of people with mental health concerns.
- Provides insight into mental health issues from a student’s perspective.