The Education Service Center Region 19 Social Studies program works collaboratively with our regional school districts and post-secondary institutions to offer professional learning opportunities and technical assistance that support the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS), State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR), College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) and national standards.
This page is designed to provide Region 19 educators with:
- Resources for students and teachers to utilize both in and out of the classroom.
- Important local, state, and federal information regarding social studies education.
- Ideas for innovation, inquiry, and improvement of social studies lessons.
- A calendar of professional development opportunities provided by Region 19.
- A platform for on-going dialogue regarding teaching and student learning.
Degrees and Certifications: