CAUTION on Self-Assessment input into Ascend:
Just a quick caution, when entering individual Evaluative Rubric information for each compliance strategy item, be careful not to hit the submit button until you are completly finished.
Ascend Alert from April 9 to April 12, no data will be saved.
Region 19 District “Kudos”
Clint ISD, complete with the Special Education Self-Assessment! Thank You for all your hard work.
Several other districts have logged on and began working, let us know how we can support you.
Please join us for our "Lisions Coffee Talk"
We hope to share ideas, answer questions, provide monitoring updates, and tell you about services we can provide for you as Liaisons. Each time we meet, we will also spend a few minutes sharing the current quarter’s Timeline Topics as a “To Do” list of your required tasks that is found in the New SPED Director’s LiveBinder.
7:45am-8:45am Every other Tuesday
March 30, 2021
April 13, 2021
April 27, 2021
May 11, 2021
May 25, 2021
June 8, 2021
June 22, 2021
Self-Assessment Overview and Planning (Online)
Sessions now will be scheduled on an indiviudal basis for your team based on need. The purpose of the special education self-assessment is to assist Local Education Agency (LEA) leadership teams in evaluating and improving their educational program serving students with disabilities receiving special education services. The special education self-assessment is completed annually by all LEAs, regardless of RDA framework determinations, and is intended to engage leadership teams in proactively addressing special education compliance and support student performance. This virtual session will introduce your leadership team to the elements of the required annual self-assessment, review the components, engage in the process with a scenario, and create a plan to complete the work back in your district.
Please reach out to Monica or Anna to schedule your Self-Assessment Team session.
About Us: ESC Special Education Liaisons
Special Education Liaisons in all 20 service centers provide boots on the ground support. With extensive training in Design Thinking and The Four Disciplines of Execution, Liaisons are uniquely equipped to provide support to LEAs in their efforts to positively impact outcomes of students with disabilities. This is just one of the many ways that SPED Liaisons connect resources and supports across Texas to improve outcomes for students with disabilities. As the role of Special Education Liaisons continues to be adapted in response to the evolving needs of our LEAs, turn to them for innovative resources, supports, and services.
Disrupting the status quo to change learning trajectories; We are ESC Liaisons!
About Our Services: We can……
- facilitate a qualitative transformational needs assessment and action planning process for continuous improvement
- conduct a detailed special education documentation review
- support districts with their Operating Procedures
- conduct a standardized desk review of randomly selected student folders, classroom observations to verify IEP alignment, service verification, and accommodation implementation in preparation for a Cyclical review
- conduct a basic special education program evaluation
- support districts in compliance and monitoring processes
- work collaboratively with district teams in preparing for TEAs Differentiated Monitoring and Support process with guided timelines
- support district teams with the annually required self-assessment through action step planning