ESC-Region 19 Turnaround Team
The Education Service Center-Region 19 Turnaround Team provides support to area districts and campuses to create accelerated achievement, systemic transformation, and sustainability critical to transformation. Our team of dedicated, qualified professionals assists in facilitating the Turnaround process through a continuum of services focused on and related to the actions necessary to produce significant student achievement gains in our lowest performing schools. These actions are consistent with the structure identified in the State of Texas Turnaround Framework, which emphasizes:
- District Systems and Process
- Campus Leadership
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Culture and Environment
- Parent and Community Engagement
- Faculty, Staff, and Student Engagement in the Turnaround Process
The ESC-Region 19 Turnaround Team provides districts and campuses support by applying research-based practices that include:
- Disaggregating and analyzing performance data in order to identify potential issues.
- Building leadership capacity through effective communication and decision-making.
- Building a culture of high levels of collaboration through Professional Learning Communities.
- Providing training and assistance with compliance requirements for AYP-SIP and AU schools.
- Facilitating compliance and communication between districts, campuses, and the Texas Education Agency for accountability systems.
- Identifying strategies and objectives aligned with high yield practices that will have the greatest impact on teaching and learning.
- Providing a data-driven customized plan for school turnaround with integrated services.
The Turnaround Team provides fee-based professional development services to districts and campuses including the Campus Snapshot, Professional Teaching and Learning Cycle, DATA DIG, ELPS in the Content Areas, School Support Team, Working Systemically, Technology Integration, Bilingual/ESL Comprehensive Program Evaluation, Project Share, Differentiated Instruction, Positive Behavior Support, LRE/Inclusion, Accessing the General Curriculum, PPCD, Parent and Community Involvement. Services aligned to meet specific needs of campuses and districts may be arranged through customized service agreements.