- Education Service Center Region 19
ESC Region 19 Gets Recognized as Outstanding Employer!
ESC Region 19 Gets Recognized as Outstanding Employer by Texas Workforce Solutions
EL PASO, TX (December 2021)—The Texas Workforce Commission partnered up with the Texas Governor’s Committee on People With Disabilities and Texas Workforce Solutions on ‘Texas HireAbility’, a program designed to raise awareness about the benefits of hiring people with disabilities and highlight their contributions in the workplace.
The We Hire Ability program recognizes Texas employers for their commitment to hiring people with disabilities, and for their efforts to create an inclusive workforce. Employers with at least 10 percent of their Texas-based workforce comprising people with disabilities, are eligible to receive a We Hire Ability decal to display on their storefront and a digital decal to display on their website.
In light of this, ESC Region 19 has been recognized as the 2022 HireAbility Outstanding Employer Award at the HireAbility Recognition Ceremony on September 8, 2022 at the El Paso Community Foundation.
The Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation Business Team partners with employers to understand their hiring needs and provides customizable services to help with recruiting, hiring, retaining, and accommodating employees with disabilities through the following no-cost services.
- Disability Awareness & Education: Training on key disability employment issues in the workplace
- Worksite & Job Process Assessments: Identify solutions to physical or other barriers that may limit your ability to recruit, hire, retain or accommodate an employee with a disability
- Hiring & Retention Assistance: Access to qualified job candidates who meet your business needs, and enhance employee retention and productivity
- Federal Requirements & Financial Incentives Assistance: Resources to understand federal regulations and work incentives:
In addition to inclusivity within the organization, ESC Region 19 is constantly finding ways to connect students with disabilities to employers and preparing students, starting in 8th grade all the way through high school graduation, through programs like the Charting The Course which helps prepare students by preparing interactive workshops, informational sessions, mock interviews, dress for success sessions, and offering many more resources. For more information on this program and more ESC 19 has to offer for students with disabilities, visit the links below.
For more information on this program, visit the Texas HireAbility webpage linked below:
ESC Region 19 Special Education Webpage:
Charting the Course 2022: