- Education Service Center Region 19
Coronavirus: Information Resources
Guidance from Local, State & Federal Health Authorities
First and foremost, all our actions are guided by the local, state and federal health authorities who are the experts in keeping our communities safe from public health threats. We continue to monitor this guidance daily, as it is likely to change as this situation develops locally and across the globe.
We will communicate updates via email and robocall, on our ESC19 website and on our social media platforms.
It is natural to feel apprehensive when facing a challenge like this one. The best thing for that is to be well informed and stay calm. Below are some resources to help you do that.
• what is the virus,
• what precautions to take to prevent it and
• what to do if you feel sick and more.
FOR LATEST UPDATED CITY ORDINANCES visit:
Please visit these national, state and local websites for health guidance.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Texas Department of State Health Services, Coronavirus Disease 2019 https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/
- El Paso County Health Department, http://www.elpasotexas.gov/public-health/coronavirus
(ADDITIONAL RESOURCE SITES FURTHER BELOW DISTRICT LINKS)
School District Information
Our regional area school districts are taking precautions based on their communities’ needs.
Please visit their district websites for updates on closures and school meal times.
Here's list of school districts & charters in El Paso and Hudspeth counties that ESC19 serves.
Click on them to visit their websites.
- El Paso I.S.D.
- Ysleta I.S.D.
- Socorro I.S.D.
- Clint I.S.D.
- Canutillo I.S.D.
- Anthony I.S.D.
- Tornillo I.S.D.
- Dell City I.S.D.
- Sierra Blanca I.S.D.
- Fabens I.S.D.
- San Elizario I.S.D.
- Ft. Hancock I.S.D.
- Burnham Wood Charter School District
- El Paso Academy
- El Paso Leadership Academy
- Harmony Science Academy
- IDEA Public Schools
- La Fe Preparatory School
- Paso del Norte Academy
- Premier High School
Good Hygiene Practices
Please use good hygiene practices that prevent the spread of communicable diseases:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a sleeve or a tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, or use alcohol hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Additional Information Resources
Centers for Disease Control
- Handwashing - Clean Hands Save Lives
- Main CDC information on Coronavirus
- Guidance for School Administrators to Help Reduce the Spread of Seasonal Influenza in K-12 Schools
- Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools to Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Texas Department of State Health Services
- TDSHS information on Coronavirus
- Printable materials to communicate key information (available in English, Spanish, and Chinese)
Texas Education Agency
- TEA Monitoring Coronavirus
- Influenza Virus with attachment “Coronavirus ISD template letter” - Contact Craig Spinn for assistance.
- Student Attendance Accounting Handbook for reference on school closures due to health-related concerns
- TEA Spring Break Guidance/Update on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Initial Guidance and FAQs
- COVID 19 and Special Education FAQ
Texas State School Safety Center
National School Public Relations Association
- Watch: Expert Tips: Special Edition — Dr Peter Lin — Understanding the Novel Coronavirus - World Health Organization
- Seasonal Flu vs. Pandemic Flu Infographic - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet in English and Spanish - DuPage (Ill.) County Health Department
- NHS Inform Fact Sheet - Scotland's National Health Information Service (NHS)
- Guidance for Educational Settings - Gov.UK
- Coronavirus: Guidance for Schools - Shipman & Goodwin LLP
- Advice for School About Self-Isolation Requirements - Government of Western Australia Department of Health
- Update on Wuhan Coronavirus COVID-19 for ESL Teachers in China - Gold Star TEFL Recruitment
Resources to learn about Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Videos and Interactive Resources - Brainpop
- Coronavirus Share My Lesson Plans - American Federation of Teachers
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus - NPR
- COVID-19 Prevention elearning course