Professional Development Consultant-Grants, Compliance & Evaluation
This position requires a Master’s Degree and a Texas Teaching Certification; Must have three years teaching experience; grant writing experience (preferred); must have strong oral and written communication skills; effective interpersonal skills; skills in building partnerships and facilitating goal setting for groups; skills developing and delivering continuing education and training. Ability to work in teams and be highly functional in cooperative endeavors. Must have computer knowledge/abilities to enhance the integration of technology in research, word processing and statistical programs. Must be task-oriented with good organizational skills. Ability to work in teams and be highly functional in cooperative endeavors. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short and long-term projects in order to meet deadlines. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Experience developing data collection instruments and tools, experience working with student assessment databases/ applications and other student data systems. Strong interpersonal skills and service-oriented attitude. Previous budget and program management experience is preferred. Provide a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and other alternatives deemed appropriate by the Executive Director. Other relevant experience as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director.
Provides professional development services and coordinating of existing grants, contracts, and other ESC Region 19 related funding structures. This position also provides regional campus and district educators and internal ESC Region 19 staff with technical assistance and services in the area of grant and contract writing as it related to core academic subjects, state initiatives, and special programs in order to secure funding for such programs and initiatives. Will provide technical assistance and training support in related areas to support new and continuing projects.
8. Provides technical assistance, professional development, and consultative services to districts/campuses/charter schools in complying with federal/state laws and rules in various areas as needed to fulfill the needs of the department.
9. Assists with data collection and reporting requirements for grant funded and other related programs.
10. Collects, prepares, and reports institutional data and strategic planning data on behalf of the ESC for governing bodies, local education agencies, local, state and federal governmental agencies, and educational publications.
11. Teaches and trains others on evaluation methodology to build capacity.
12. Plans periodic meetings with ESC 19 directors and project managers to assess progress.
13. Writes evaluation reports, presents findings, draws conclusions, and proposes recommendations for grants, contracts, and program improvement to appropriate audiences.
14. Manages program budgets to include resources, events and program participation within the ESC- Region 19 guidelines and requirements.
15. Facilitates the delivery of professional development sessions by external presenters in the area of assignment.
16. Travels to/communicates with districts, campuses, Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs), TEA, ESCs, to provide technical assistance to improve student performance through data literacy.
17. Grows professionally by staying current in the assigned area as well as assists, coordinates, and supports Education Service Center-Region 19 initiatives and activities through project activities and collaboration with other service center personnel.
18. Actively seeks and promotes new technologies to improve professional development, technical assistance, and internal processes.
19. Supports the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the ESC strategic plan.
20. Attendance at work site required.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
Location 6611 Boeing Dr. El Paso TX 79925
Employment Days 235
Contact Linda Epstein 915-780-5017 email@example.com